Sunday, March 30, 2014

Swans- "A Little God In My Hands"

        One of the last things I posted on this blog before I went on hiatus was my review of Swans' masterpiece of a record The Seer. It's been so long since that post that Michael Gira and the gang have recorded a new album entitled To Be Kind (due out on May 13th). The first song released for the record is titled "A Little God In My Hands", it features plenty of creepy, thought provoking lyrics that we've come to expect from Swans, a soundscape that is somewhat reminiscent of Rain Dogs era Tom Waits, and an overall eerie, claustrophobic feel. And I love every single moment of it. Also, just to entice you into buying this album more, special guests include Annie Clark (St. Vincent)!!!! I'm incredibly excited to hear the entirety of this record, The Seer was one of my favorite records I've ever heard, and with 2014 already producing some incredible albums so far, I wouldn't be surprised if this record is absolutely incredible. Check out the single below and put some money in the piggy bank to go and pick up the triple LP on May 13th, I know I will.



Peaces, Godspeed, and Stay Golden
 -Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment